Saturday, April 28, 2012

my review of the John Cusack movie The Raven. (possible spoilers)

Last night I ventured to the Lowe's cinema for the 7:50 showing of The Raven.. starring John Cusack and Luke Evans ..  Cusack as Poe and Evans as inspector fields of the Baltimore city police....The general plot is that a serial killer is using Poe's macabre stories as inspiration. that plot seemed amusing enough to me as a fan of both suspense movies and Poe. Unfortunately for me , I forgot to suspend disbelief and my knowledge of history of Poe and of ol baltimore . The movie played a little loose with the legit facts of ol' edgar's life and for that reason alone I could not lose myself in the film. Cusack did an admirable job portraying Poe .. I only wish the writers would have given him more of a chance to be the Poe of historical note and not a two dimensional character playing off a stiff and bland Evans as Inspector Fields... If you decide to see The Raven... Suspend your knowledge and disbelief ... And enjoy the story
You will have a far better time

No comments:

Post a Comment